Have you ever had one of THOSE days when crafting??? This was one of them! I finally had some time to play and watch the videos from the class, I decided on my sketch for the card, picked out my papers, picked my die cuts and the stamp set I wanted to use- so far so good. I decided to use the color combo and the embossing technique.
The sketch I picked is from MFT stamps Wednesday Stamp club 131 which seems simple enough. I can make a frame like that- Wrong - something that should have taken me 2 minutes to make took 10 minutes.
I got all my patterned papers cut and ready to assemble with no other problems. I stamp the cute PI Owl Costume stamp and proceeded to color with my Spectrum Noir markers which I am having a little bit of a hard time learning to blend them but I think in this case I pulled out the wrong card stock to color on. I also used a few of the Copic markers that I have and it seems like they all slid on the card stock and made it look streaky.
I picked my flower die that I have in one of the Art Bin magnetic die storage cases. I really like these bins, I have most of my dies in there and have them labeled and sorted by manufacturer. This works really good at keeping them all together, just make sure you close the latches and don't drop the case! Oh yeah! Dies all over the floor. I was not a happy camper. :( I got those all picked up and moved on to the next step.
I got the flowers all cut out and decided to emboss them, easy enough. I have done this before, what possibly could go wrong. First flower layer done, second layer done, third layer, spilled the whole bottle of embossing powder on my desk top ( not on the paper which is easy to pick up and pour back in the bottle).
All in all, I think that it came out pretty good. Instead of using distress inks to make a background around the image, I took my diamond stickles and blended them around it. You can really see the sparkle in person.
Thank you for looking!