Grandma's Stamping Corner

Sunday, February 12, 2012

I have not really been making cards lately! I got a Silhouette Cameo in November and after months of having problems with it cutting I finally got a blade that works and I am in LOVE! I guess the wait and aggravation were worth it. There were times when I was ready to throw the machine out the door! I'm really glad I didn't!
One of the first things that I cut out was these hearts for the vase my daughter made me for Christmas! I thought it would look cute if I changed the flowers out for each season or holiday. I cut the hearts out then embellished them with stickles, liquid pearls, buttons or anything that I could find that would look good. I then got some floral wire and attached them with a glue stick, added some ribbon and wa-la, I had a cute center piece!
My next project was trying to etch glass. I used the vinyl to make a stencil for the nautical wheel.This picture shows the vinyl part of the wheel. I really like how this turned out.
I need a little more practice with this, my biggest problem with picking an image is trying to figure out what needed to be on the glass and what stayed on the paper. I have a hard time visualizing things unless they are right in front of me. The glasses I got at the Dollar Tree, my new favorite store!

I also got some water bottles from the Dollar Tree and made one for each of my grand kids and one for my nephew. My granddaughter wanted the turtle, so I gave layering a try. It would have been a whole lot easier if I had clear transfer tape but I think they still came out cute. I also put their names on the other side.




.

My final projects that I am going to show you today are the heart boxes that I cut out. I bought the images from the Silhouette store, I believe they are Lori Whitlock designs. The first one I did was for my granddaughter, I used alot of pink, stickles and liquid pearls! For the flowers on the top I used a Tim Holtz die cut that I bought awhile ago and some brads that were in a Taylored Expressions kit.
The Happy Valentines Day was stamped using Verve Stamp set Love Story. The colors look so much better in real life. The pictures were taken with my iphone with not so good lighting.


The final one for the night is the one I made for my grandson. I had originally made him a 3d tool box from one of the images from the Silhouette store but it was too small and could not be made bigger. For his I used glossy paper to make the heart, once I had all the pieces cut out I used my alcohol inks to make a camo type pattern. He loves camo, he also loves tools - not toy tools real tools. I ordered the Fix it up Fred stamp from My Favorite Stamps just for him. Fred is so darn cute! I stamped, colored Fred with copic markers, cut him out and adhered him to a heart die cut.  I thought that I had some brads that looked like screws but could not find them so I used the silver ones that looked like nail heads. I used my Silhouette to cut out the tools and adhere them to the box.

That's it for now! Thanks for looking! Next I will  have the note pads that I altered and the cute little chap stick holders

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christine, It's Lisa Barrie here I read your comment on my blog today and I wanted to get back to you. Your projects here are awesome!

    I wanted to let you know don't worry about the color of the lines, they won't show, they only outline the shapes. Just fill them and then shut off the cut lines, so only the outside of the girl is cut. Let me know if you need more help. Lisa

    ReplyDelete